Saturday, January 5, 2013

Things I Saw on my Beach Walk...


It was a nice day so I decided to go for a beach walk to Surfside Pier and take my camera along to capture anything interesting I might see along the way.  We often don't take notice of our surroundings, so I thought that I would do so on my walk.  Here we go...


down our steps toward the beach,

 
and along the path through the grass,
 
to the beach.  And there is Surfside Pier in the distance.
 
Have you ever noticed the foam on the water when the waves are rolling in?
Watch your feet don't get wet....
 
Or noticed the many footprints in the sand, especially your own?
 
Here is a Semipalmated Plover,
 
and a few Sanderlings.
 
It was interesting to stand under Surfside Pier and watch the waves come
in, and waiting for them to build stronger, with every fourth or fifth roll.
 
Ever notice how the sunlight sparkles on the a water on a sunny day?
 
Time to head back the beach towards home.
 
There are so many beach houses; all different colours, shapes and designs.
 
A surfer, who had just finished riding the waves.
 
A bridge over the run-off to the ocean, making it easy to cross rather than having to jump the stream.  Some of us don't successfully make the jump, resulting in wet feet!
 
A rustic dune fence, slowly disappearing into the sand.
 
A broken shell, but still a treasure to see.
 
The tufts of dune grass which help prevent the sands from washing away.
 
A shark tooth hunter looking for treasures.  I hope he is successful...
 
And here we are, back where we started,
 
my home away from home.

I hope you enjoyed my walk as much as I did.  Until next time...





 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely observations from your walk. I'm partial to the bridge with its shadows.

    ReplyDelete