Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Walk in Brookgreen Gardens

My family and friends who follow my blog know that Brookgreen Gardens (a 9,100 acre property), is one of my favourite places to be.  Magical, tranquil, peaceful - some of the words I would use to describe the Gardens.

This past week Paul and I spent some time at the Gardens, so I thought I would share with you some of the things that caught my eye.
 


I hope that all visitors will respect the Gardens

 
Down the path towards our favourite Garden area
 
Some of the many sculptures in the Gardens
 
The Live Oak Allee Garden with its 300 year old
live oak trees is our favourite place in the Gardens
 
Paul enjoying the view of the large oak trees
 
This mirror covered in moss and several pots of plants were
tucked away in a corner near The Kitchen Cafe 
 
The Sea Urchin brings the sea to the Gardens.
The artist loved to watch children excitedly hold up their found treasures.
(Being a beachcomber, I understand.)
 
Some of the blooms were showing winter has arrived in the south
 
This window, with its pretty lace curtains,
reflected the beauty of the Gardens
 
Sculptured chairs to be enjoyed by the many visitors to the Gardens
 
What's a garden without blooms
Camellia japonica - "Pink Pagoda"
 
An archway with a view
 
And still showing signs of Christmas
 
 
Yes Narcissus, in bloom in the Gardens in January - such a treat
(mainly a hardy, spring flower in Canada)
 
 
This life-like sculpture is probably the most photographed
of all the pieces in the Gardens.  I never tire of enjoying this one.
 
Where can you go that there is not a Gift Shop to browse.
I thought this cow and train were fun pieces for someone's garden.
 
Well, these are the things that I enjoyed during my last visit to Brookgreen Gardens.  As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Is it possible for me to be "homesick" for Brookgreen? Delightful shots - you mangaged to get a bit of everything.

    ReplyDelete