Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our New Deck is Almost Finished

This was the start of our new back deck a couple of weeks ago.


This was our almost finished deck this evening. The privacy walls and railings are finished and my clothes line will be completed on Monday.

Sadly, I did discover this evening that we are now unable to see our bird feeder from the kitchen door window.


We also decided to have a lower level to our deck. The stair railing is still to be installed, as well as enclosing under the main deck, which will be used as more storage for garden equipment, etc.



Of course some color is still needed. I am thinking pots of red and white geraniums would be nice. I also have thoughts for a nearby herb garden next year.


Paul and I are looking forward to our morning coffee on our finished deck, next week.

1 comment:

  1. Very, very nice. With all that space in your back yard you might as well use it to extend your living area outside. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete