Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An Afternoon on the Beach


Paul and I took some time off from our chores last week and treated ourselves to a nice long stroll on the beach, treasure hunting, and treasures we did find. I was only on the beach about five minutes when I discovered a piece of RED sea glass. I was so excited that I did a little happy dance! Those who beach comb understand my excitement of finding the more rare colours, like red. I also found a piece of yellow and two blue further down the beach.


Paul found seven pieces of blue during his stroll on the beach.

It was also amazing to see how much drift wood had washed up on the beach over the winter. I tried to move some of the larger pieces looking for sea glass but I had no luck. The pieces were way too large and heavy. As we were walking back the beach, a man was coming with his chainsaw to cut up the wood so it would wash back out and clean up the beach.

My thought was, what a great bonfire we could make with all this wood.


It's a simple life, and a great life.






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what beautiful glass! What wonderful driftwood (& great photo of it!). You are SOOOO right. Simple things are always the best! I saw in a magazine today a beautiful sculpture for indoors, made out of driftwood twigs. I wonder if you would take some home and make something with it? xx

    ReplyDelete