Monday, February 4, 2013

The Market Common

Yesterday afternoon Paul and I went to The Market Common area for a walk, where we saw this new development going up.  We decided to walk about to look at all the cute houses, and there was an Open House taking place so we toured a couple.  The area is called Sweetgrass Square.  Sweetgrass is the grass used by the local weavers to make the sweetgrass baskets which are very well known here in the lowcountry.  (I recently read "Sweetgrass" by Mary Alice Monroe which talks of the history of sweetgrass and the art of the basket making.)


 
I like the idea of a door onto the porch area.
 
 
 
The blue one on the right reminded me of my house
on Monchy Road in Grand Falls, Newfoundland.
(I had more of a garden area thank goodness.)
 
We toured this one with a couple from Massachusetts.  There was very little
living space but the large upper balcony off the master bedroom was nice.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment