Monday, February 18, 2013

Shells & Seaglass from New Brunswick

 
 
Paul and I are members of the Grand Strand Shell Club here in Myrtle Beach.  Each year in February, the Club holds an auction to raise money for the Club and the members bring along items to auction off among themselves.  We decided to bring some shells and seaglass from our area of New Brunswick.  I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in bidding on these items but I took a chance.  Well, surprising to us, the three baskets of shells and the four small bottles of seaglass raised more than $25. 

Not that Paul and I need an excuse to go beachcombing, but we will now have to go looking for more treasures to bring along for next year.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seaglass

 
Paul helped out with the auction procedures this year

Come on folks, do I hear a higher bid?
 
Paul and I have been "snowbird" members of the Grand Strand Shell Club for four years now, and we have enjoyed the shell trips.  It's a great way to get to know the area and meet the local people.
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment