Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another Year Older

Before I start my new post, I wanted to let you know that the snow you saw in the photos in my previous post did not stay with us long. I am happy to say that within an hour of our walk on the beach most of the snow had melted and we were back to white sand again. I know some of my friends were concerned that we were experiencing snowy weather here. Thankfully, not so.

Since my last entry, Paul has turned another year older and according to him, another year closer to his first CPP (Canada Pension Plan) cheque, which he will receive at age 60, (two years from now).

We started his birthday celebrations with breakfast at our favourite weekly breakfast place here, the Prince Creek Diner. Our new South Carolina friends, Irmgard and Don, joined us and we had very pleasant chat over a nice meal.

Paul decided that he wanted to spend his afternoon walking the beach at Huntington Beach State Park and do a little shelling. We did have a great walk but we did not find any treasures on the beach. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon.


We also spent a little time walking on the boardwalk through the marsh and stopped to watch the herons and egrets.


After a very enjoyable afternoon at the Park, we returned to our condo, as Paul wanted to sit out on the balcony enjoying a cool drink while watching the surf. I joined him with a glass of wine but I had to get back to the kitchen and prepare the birthday dinner which was homemade lasagna, requested by the birthday guy.


The last event for the day was the cutting of his birthday cake. It was not a homemade cake as Paul thought I would make it too healthy! He wanted lots of chocolate and LOTS of icing.

I am happy to say that after we each ate a large piece of the cake, Paul disposed of the remainder - in the trash.

2 comments:

  1. I think you seek out places with boardwalks, or do they follow you? That cake sure looks gooey and yummy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birthday boy is looking younger each year. Glad to see you had a nice day and such a decadent cake. That's lots of icing ...LOL.

    ReplyDelete