Friday, September 13, 2013

Rita's Tea Room, Nova Scotia



Paul and I made a delightful stop in Big Pond, Nova Scotia to enjoy Rita's Tea Room.  It was also an emotional visit, as Cape Breton singer Rita MacNeil passed away on 16 April of this year.  Rita will be missed by all her fans.
 
 
 

I enjoyed looking up at all the tea cups decorating the Tea Room.
The centre tea cup has a "Lily of the Valley" design, which is the birth flower of the month of May.  My birthday is 28 May, and it was also the birthday of Rita MacNeil.
 
 
Memorabilia displayed in the Tea Room
 
I remember Rita wearing her red hat during one of her concerts I attended some years ago.
 
Photos of Rita and friends over the years
 
I enjoyed this wonderful meal of
quiche and a spinach salad with maple dressing.
It was the most decadent quiche I've ever eaten. 
 
Paul opted for the seafood chowder.
On a scale of 1 to 10, he rated it an "11"! 
There has been no other like it for him since...
  


Rita MacNeil was:
"A great Canadian performer and icon."






 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn
    What a coincidence I'm just passing through Inverness on my way to Rita's. Sure hope the tea room is still open. I had better look it up. Yes, she was a wonderful joy and icon to many. She will be missed. I've been working on a new design of seaglass, hope you come andhave a look http://scrapandwrap.ca/blog/

    ReplyDelete