Friday, April 9, 2010

Signs of Spring

As much as Paul and I enjoyed spending our winter in South Carolina, it is nice to be back in Canada. And more so in Beresford, New Brunswick, our hometown now.

We experienced three springs this year. The first was on the official day of spring, 20 March, at Surfside Beach, South Carolina.
The second spring we enjoyed was on 1 April, during our drive from South Carolina to Pennsylvania in Centreville, Virginia. Now that we are home, three sure signs of spring here for me are:
- no ice left in the Bay of Chaleur- crocuses in my garden, even if I did plant them in the fall of 2008 and they were no shows last year,
and- most important, I can use my clothes line again.

~ I love Spring anywhere, but if I could choose
I would always greet it in a garden ~
by Ruth Stout





3 comments:

  1. Um, is all that water in Pabineau falls melted snow? Also, what a gorgeous quilt! Did u make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela
    Welcome to my blog. Some of the run off in the falls is from melted snow but also from open dams. Our area had very little snow this winter. We also love our quilt which is for our master bedroom, but no I didn't make it, sadly. We bought it in Clayton, New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt!! It must look awesome in your room.

    ReplyDelete